Water Heater (electric)
Water Heater (Electric) Water Heater Temperature Suggestion
Home-Wizard™ calculates your ideal home care program to avoid problems with your Water Heater (electric), but sometimes trouble can still occur. Here are answers to questions about water heater (electric) water heater temperature suggestion.
QUESTION FROM fogertyt
Heads up - on turning water heaters down:
It is NOT always a good idea. Waterheater manufacturers seem to focus more on the cost saving advantages of lower water heater temperatures without regard to this important consideration.
ANSWER FROM HOME-WIZARD
Very good point ! Like most things, one can go too far. And you are correct, if a homeowner dials their water heater temperature too far down, not only does it potentially increase the risk of Legionnaires Disease, but it also results in the loss of the energy efficiency that was sought to be gained. Plus it can be disappointing when water is no longer hot enough for showers, laundry, etc. We'll add your comment to the website to help clarify this.
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. And please let us know if you ever have any additional feedback, suggestions, or ideas.
- Water Heater (Electric) Tankless Water Heater >
- Water Heater (Electric) Pressure Relief Valve Leaking >
- Water Heater (Electric) Circuit Breakers Broke >
- Water Heater (Electric) Hot Water Running Out >
- Water Heater (Electric) Leaking Drain Valve >
- Water Heater (Electric) No Heat >
- Water Heater (Electric) Pilot Light Issue >
- Water Heater (Electric) Thermostat Temperature Setting >
- Water Heater (Electric) Water Heater Not Working >